So here is a quick “faders-up” preview of “O Holy Night”, as performed at All Souls Church on 12th December at Christmas Praise – what a stunning event that was!
Credits as follows:
- Composer: Adolph Adam
- Singer: Constantine Andronikou
- Orchestra: All Souls Orchestra
- Conductor: Dr Noel Tredinnick
- Because there’s such a huge dynamic swing between loudest and quietest parts of the piece (some 20->40dB depending which metering standard one uses), I’ve approximated what I *would* be doing with faders by using compressors. The result isn’t yet “pretty” but it is functional – at least enough until it’s decided whether further work will be done!
- Though I helped provide the technical links between live and recording “worlds” for this event, I’m not actually involved in producing the radio mix.🙂