As per the title, I had an unhappy half-an-hour trying to get this little bundle of joy working together this evening. Turns out that the following process works rather well…
- Install Apple Bonjour Print Services for Windows
- Plug the printer into the Windows machine directly over USB, or manually get Windows to update its hardware drivers list.
- Once the driver has been successfully been downloaded and installed for use over USB, the driver is now available for the Bonjour wizard to use.
- Plug the printer back into the Airport Express/Extreme that’ll be sharing it.
- Run the Bonjour Print Wizard and follow on-screen prompts.
Logical in a way, but a pain to figure out.